Welcome back to Physical Education at SAEPS

Welcome back to the SAEPS Physical Education blog for 2018.

Hi, my name is Graham Sherwill and I teach Physical Education. The aim of Physical Education is to develop children’s knowledge, movement skills and motivation to lay the foundations for a lifelong involvement in physical activity. Physical Education seeks to promote healthy lifestyles among children.

Many of the activities that the children will be involved in are based around developing their fundamental motor skills such as hopping, jumping, balancing, skipping, kicking, throwing, catching and striking. Most skills used in sport and movement activities are advanced versions of fundamental motor skills. Other areas that will be covered during the year include sport and sport education, gymnastics, dance, cooperative activities, athletics and swimming. The children will also be involved in regular fitness activities. I look forward to working with your children. If you have any questions, or would like to know how you can help your children at home, please come and see me in the hall.

If you would like to catch up with what is happening in Physical Education you may like to visit the PE blog. Address is http://mrsherwill.global2.vic.edu.au/

Hi, my name is Graham Sherwill and l am the  Physical Education teacher. The aim of Physical Education is to develop children’s knowledge, movement skills and motivation to lay the foundations for a lifelong    involvement in physical activity. The children will be involved in many activities based around  developing their fundamental motor skills including running, throwing, catching, kicking, striking,  balancing, jumping and skipping. Children will have opportunities to apply these skills in a variety of   minor and major games. Other areas covered  include gymnastics, cooperative activities, athletics sport education and swimming.