SAEPS Students Preparing Camp Woorabinda

31 Year 5 students from our school are preparing to attend Camp Woorabinda later this month. Camp Woorabinda  is a government residential school located on the shores of Lake Narracan in the LaTrobe Valley. It is situated on 100 Hectares of native bush, open paddocks, hidden wetlands and temperate rain forest.

The camp offers programs in environmental studies, sustainable practice, team building initiatives and challenging adventure activities. The activities are mainly physical and outdoor, all which require a reasonable level of physical fitness. These include bushwalking, canoeing, high and low ropes course and night hiking.  Other activities include bush cooking, archery, art, drama and nature studies.(see below)

Vy: I’m excited about the Low and High rope course.

Cohen: I’m pretty excited to go to the camp and meet new friends, go on fun activities (E.g: Canoeing), I’m very excited.

Duyen: l am excited to go to camp to experience new things and to try out the activities. to learn more and interact with new people.

Vanessa: lam excited to experience the wild life and socialize with the other schools.(crazy legs)

Henry: I’m exited to experience how it’s like in the world and I’m pretty excited for the canoeing.

Tracy:l want to experience how hard it will be in the bush.

Catherine: l am excited to go and  experience camp.

Sally:I’m excited to experience 5 days being independent away from my loving family